Dec 21, 2014

Craft a Well-Planned Lesson

Minecraft in the Classroom: Ideas for Teachers
Ilena Parker @ Institute of Play

In my grant proposal, I assured the judges that I'm not using Minecraft for the heck of it. I won't use it as a time-filler or reward. If I don't have a lesson planned, I won't use it. That leads me to this article and the book that it mentions. It's vital that a learning objective is stated and the lesson is well-planned; otherwise, it's too easy for the students to run wild. At the end of the lesson, the students must know what I wanted them to learn.

Each project includes learning objectives, project organization and tasks, and ideas for reflection and assessments. You’ll also find detailed instructions for setting up and running a Minecraft server in the classroom, both the regular and the popular MinecraftEdu versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment